Super Space Chick

Life Lately: Reading, Watching, Playing, Anticipating

Last weekend I sustained a neck injury which I am henceforth referring to as book neck.  Everyone I’ve told about it unanimously agrees that I should come up with another story.  I was traveling on the subway and carrying too many bags which forced me to hold my book arms-length from my face at a downward angle.  When I woke up on Sunday, I couldn’t move my neck.  I was Batman-ing to talk to people the entire day.  On the brightside, I was able to film 5 BookTube videos before my ailment and I discovered that if I drink a glass of wine my neck feels much better.  (This also led to me forgetting that I ordered a Funko Smaug and being really excited when I received an email about it having shipped!)  Oh! I also got to wear my new unicorn shoes because it was finally warm enough!

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

I’ve been re-reading my true book love, Harry Potter, and it’s made morning and evening commutes so much fun<3  There are so many extra details that I’m picking up now that I’m an adult and I get these intense pangs of emotion when certain characters appear.  Some of my random thoughts have been 1) Hermione is such an amazing character and Harry and Ron are so lucky they ended up being friends, 2) the majority of the most meaningful quotes in the first book are said by Dumbledore and 3) why isn’t real life like Hogwarts?

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

My subconscious is truly ready for the Daredevil premiere on April 10th.  Last night I had a dream that I was in a desolate subway station in NYC when I became cornered by the Kingpin.  He was walking towards me and I had no idea what I was going to do when all of a sudden, across the platform, I see that bright red costume and billy club I love so much appear seemingly out of nowhere.  Instead of keeping my cool in front of the Kingpin, I couldn’t help but exclaim “YES!” completely blowing up Daredevil’s spot.  Luckily, he kicked the Fisk’s butt anyway :-)

Andrew and I went to Sugar & Plumm for brunch (I wrote about how fantastic this restaurant is last week!) and after eating too many sweets, we took a stroll through Central Park.  We visited the Bethesda fountain, saw some mallard ducks swimming in the only area of the water that wasn’t completely frozen, and we exited near the John Lennon Imagine area.  It was really lovely.  We’ve also been utilizing Andrew’s Wii U which has been a blast.  I was incredibly excited for Mario Party 10 because Mario Party is probably my favorite N64 game, but I was sadly disappointed when we realized the game format changed and you barely get to play any mini-games… which is the whole point!  So we switched back to Super Smash Bros. and we’ve unlocked all the characters!  My favorite characters to play as are Rosalina and Bowser.  Oh, and we’ve totally been marathoning The Mindy Project.  I’m not too into the plot but it’s such a strange show and I love so many of the characters.  Danny is my favorite but I also love Mindy and Morgan.  Plus, Mindy’s clothes are super cute!  And lastly, I read an awesome graphic novel about MMORPG’s!

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Processed with VSCOcam with c1 preset

Share:

18 Responses to “Life Lately: Reading, Watching, Playing, Anticipating”

1. I’m sorry about your neck, but I’m loving reading your thoughts and seeing your photos concerning Harry Potter <3
    Alice – The Geeky Burrow recently posted…Happy MondayMy Profile

2. Kay Nyman says:

I am so happy to hear someone else is quite sad with Mario Party 10!! I really didn’t find it too enjoyable – as you said, there was hardly ANY mini game playing? What?? I’ll definitely stick with Mario Kart and Super Smash. I hope your neck feels better soon. Oh, and I adore your unicorn shoes!!
    Kay Nyman recently posted…One And DoneMy Profile

• Kristin says:

I’m glad we’re on the same page! I had been counting down for weeks until we could play and I was so disappointed! I heard that we’ll be able to download 1 & 2 sometime in the future so I’ll be waiting until then for more Mario Party games.

3. OMG THAT HARRY POTTER RING
    Lauren @ Bookmark Lit recently posted…Top Ten Tuesdays #34: TBRMy Profile

4. SO glad to know that they changed the format for Mario Party 10 – was going to buy it this weekend, but decided we’ve got some other games to burn through before we get to that one (like Episode 3 of Telltale’s Game of Thrones! And all of Season 2 of Walking Dead! eep!)

I need to burn through a couple book club books & then I’m going to start my HP re-read over vacation in 2 weeks! So excited for that!

Also, adding IRL to my TBR right this second because it looks so darn cute!
    Christa @ #obsessivegirlfan recently posted…Top Ten Tuesday: Recently Added to My TBR ListMy Profile

5. Gladys says:

Sorry to hear about your neck injury. Hope it’s getting better.

And I am so sad to hear about Mario Party 10. The Mario Party series are my favorite and I was excited for this game. I guess I’ll just use the MP amiibos for Super Smash. I like these guys better.

• Kristin says:

Mario Party is my favorite too! It was all I would talk about for weeks so I was so sad when we finally played and it didn’t come anywhere near my expectations :-/

6. Angela says:

Those shoes in the first picture are to die for!
    I’m sorry to hear about your neck injury. Please get well soon!
    That book in the last pictures looks amazing! In real life? TIme to look it up! Thanks for sharing!
    x Angela // geekybrunette.wordpress.com
    Angela recently posted…March FavoritesMy Profile

7. Cate says:

Eeep I hope your neck feels better soon that is the worst! Those unicorn shoes are gorgeous xoxo
    Cate recently posted…Things That Make You Go Oooooo (March 2015)My Profile

8. Sara Strauss says:

Sorry about your book neck! Hope the pain goes away! Those shoes are adorable! I totally forgot about Daredevil coming to Netflix! Soooo excited!
    ~Sara
    Sara Strauss recently posted…Outfit: Coral FloralMy Profile

9. Alexa S. says:

I’m sorry to hear about your “book neck” injury. It definitely doesn’t sound like fun! I’ve had my fair share of book-related cramps, so I totally get that. Seems like you had a great few weeks otherwise!
    Alexa S. recently posted…March 2015My Profile

10. Kristina says:

Those shoes are PERFECT.

11. Joie Fatale says:

I LOVE Mario Party…alas, 10 was not what I was expecting. I’m not huge fan of the “travel the board together” and I think 6 was my favorite (on Gamecube with the Night/Day elements).

YAY for the HP reread! That series was just so amazing! I keep hoping JK writer more about the universe! And I agree: why ISN’T real life like Hogwarts?